National Paints Factories will be exhibiting its latest products at The Big 5 Construct Qatar this September. We spoke to the Assistant General Manager, Mr. Issam K. Nawar; here's what he told us as he prepares to participate at Qatar's international construction event of the year.
What products will you be showcasing at the event?
We will be showcasing our major two brands “ORYX” & “ROBSON”. The pride of Qatar industry.
What is influencing your business growth in Qatar?
Our business growth in Qatar is being influenced by a number of factors:
- Management vision.
- The high-quality products manufactured as per international Standards.
- Our loyal customers relation.
- Government direct support to local manufacturers.
- Locals positive influence and support to local products.
- Market stability.
- Domestic safety & security.
- Currency rate stability.
- Continuous urbanization.
What is unique about the Qatar industry here compared to other regions?
The Qatar industry is specifically benefiting from government incentives such as;
- Reduced rents in logistics areas.
- Finance assistance.
- Procurement policies.
- Directing government bodies and ministries to buy 100% local products.
- As well as facilities that would stimulate investments in industry.
What exciting projects are there for you in the pipeline?
Firstly, we are enlarging our business market through:
- Building new short and long oil plant.
- Building new line for plastic & metal cans for all sizes.
- Enlarging our existing manufacturing plant to reach an area of 70,000 m².
We are also excited about the supply and application of paints for the following major projects:
- Mozoon Tower (DAFNA)
- Hermes Tower (LUSAIL)
- Al Farjan Markets (all around Doha)
How will exhibiting at The Big 5 Construct Qatar benefit you going forward?
Exhibiting at The Big 5 Construct Qatar will benefit us in the following ways;
- Attendance at the domestic & international market level.
- Introducing the new range of products we have developed.
- Introducing the new services we have implemented.
- Presenting our ongoing interest in exhibition and events participation.
- Enlarging our presence to the overseas market.
- Implementing our strength as local Qatari Manufacturer.
About National Paints Factories -
National Paints factories is one the most reputed factories for manufacturing paints and surface coatings, viz. Decoration and architectural paints, Industrial and protective coating, Alkyd and polyester resins, furniture paints, automotive paints and floor coatings etc.
We in National paints manufacture Marine paints in association with Transocean Marine Paints (Holland).
National paints was established in Jordan in 1969 as the mother company and expanded to UAE Sharjah in 1977. In 1989 National Paints established its manufacturing unit in Doha - Qatar.
At present, we have 11 manufacturing units globally in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Middle East. National Paints has been awarded ISO 9001 certification which in confirmation of the organization's superior management quality system since 1998. The same was upgraded to ISO 9001:2000 in the year 2003. National Paints has been certified ISO 14001: 1996 in the year 2004 in view of maintaining an effective Environmental Management System to protect our nature. The company is under process in certifying yet another ISO Certification of OHSAS 18001:2007 for Safety & Health.